Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jesus is the greatest gift!

There hasn't been much happening tonight, I had confessed some deep secrets to some friends, came home cleaned up a lil bit and rested the rest of the day.  Tonight we are watching the Santa Clause movies I am remembered on one scene to tears..... the joy of Christmas, the wonder, the magic, the faith that came with hope and love.  I remembered on Christmas eve, right before bed, looking out the windows watching for any activity that might have been going on outside, the excitement and wonder of what was coming.  Only to be wide awake til what felt at the time like the wee hours of the morning listening to hear if I could catch any noises out in the living room or on the roof to catch a glimpse of the bearded jolly man.  There was something magical as a child about Christmas.  Today as I am trying to find my faith, a simple movie about the magic of Christmas and not so much about the true meaning of Christmas, has increased my faith... There is a reason to be joyful this Christmas, it's not because Santa is coming for the kids this here, thanks to some generous folks, but because I am here and I am free.... God sent His son as a gift to save us all from ourselves.... what could be a greater gift than that!? Thank You Lord, for restoring even the little bit of joy to enjoy the birth of the loving gift, Your one and only son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment